Senior Quality Engineer (Industrial and Electrical Equipment) Madison, WI
• Work with engineering teams to effectively analyze and root cause product quality problems
• Develop and implement corrective action plans and improvements to products and processes
• Interface with technical staff of customers and/or suppliers as required to address quality problems and/or customer complaints
• Monitor production performance to identify opportunities for improvement
• Resolves test yield problems by troubleshooting to the component level, debugging, and performing analysis of root causes, developing and coordinating corrective action measures and monitoring improvements.
• Manage, train, and instruct test technicians and operators on test equipment usage, test and assembly process instructions and proper troubleshooting techniques.
• Use Electrical Testing and diagnostic Equipment to test and troubleshoot complex Printed Circuit Board Assemblies and Electromechanical Assemblies
• Education: BS degree in Mechanical, Electronic or Manufacturing Engineering with five+ years recent experience (strongly preferred).
• Experience with PCBA (Printed Circuit Board) manufacturing process and ability to analyze failures to component or process step level
• Understands instrumentation interface protocols to enable functional test applications.
• Reads and interprets electronic schematics and wiring diagrams, strong experience in Analog and digital troubleshooting
• Knowledge and proficiency with GD&T Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (preferred)
• Understand and effectively utilize quality tools, i.e., QMS, SPC, auditing, inspection, process analysis, process mapping, process controls and project management
About The Company
This company is a leading Equipment Manufacturer that has been in industry since the 1940s. They manufacture electrical components, pumps, and motors for multiple industries. This company is a global leader and continues to grow.