Production Supervisor (Industrial Equipment) New York
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of a team of 25 to 30 production associates engaged in processing materials and/or manufacturing products
• Responsible for results in terms of costs, methods, quality and quantity of production, safety, operations and personnel. This will include driving lean manufacturing initiatives.
• Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; providing feedback, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees when appropriate; addressing concerns and resolving problems
• Assess, create and implement plan to address skills gaps and provide training and development for direct reports
• Complete production plan as provided by accurately scheduling personnel, assigning duties, establishing priorities, monitoring progress and working to resolve issues which may prevent target goals from being achieved
• Conduct root cause analysis as required to address issues with people, processes or quality. Partnering with appropriate support functions as needed.
• Look for, initiate and facilitate area business and process improvements.
• Supervisory experience in industrial manufacturing/heavy machinery or similar environments
• Experience managing teams of 5+, including hiring, mentoring and terminating.
• Knowledge of and experience with lean manufacturing strategies.
• Training and experience in formal problem-solving processes and tools.
• Demonstrated quality improvement efforts.
About The Company
This company is a leading Equipment Manufacturer that has been in industry for close to 100 years. They manufacture precision engineered filtration solutions and equipment. This company is part of a larger 1.5 billion dollar global manufacturer.