Principal R&D Engineer, Hydrogen – (Process Equipment) Minnesota
• Manage the operational safety, testing schedule, and testing at the dedicated hydrogen testing facility
• Analyze critical to safety design attributes of hydrogen systems
• Participate in various risk studies including, FMEA, HAZOP and PHA.
• Provide input to critical industry standard development efforts
• Work with engineering teams and customers to gain a better understanding of the system requirements and their implications to hydrogen systems
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
• 5-10 years of experience preferred in the engineering, design, fabrication, and commissioning of mechanical equipment used in the cryogenic pressure vessel or process industry
• At least 5 years of direct cryogenic hydrogen commissioning and service.
• Experience in hydrogen fueling operations
• Knowledge of SAE hydrogen fueling standards (J2601)
• Working knowledge of industrial codes and common engineering practices used within the oil and gas industry. Codes of specific interest are ASME B31.3, ASME Section VIII Division 1, NFPA 52/59A/55/2
• Experience with hands-on technical work which requires partnering with field operation and production staff
• Experience with PLC, SCADA or controls automation
• Experience with design of experiments and data acquisition
• BS degree required, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical preferred
About The Company
This company is a leading Global Manufacturer of highly engineered equipment for the Industrial Gases, Life Sciences, and Energy markets that has been in industry since 1990. They are on the cutting edge in the clean energy industry. They are a market leader in their industry and pride themselves on innovation.