Operations Manager Chicago, Illinois
• Manages warehouse, shipping, inventory, logistics, and schedulers
• Manage lean opportunities, process improvement and making recommendations for performance improvement.
• Provide coaching to employees to support lean effectiveness and development.
• Responsible for overall warehouse operations in Illinois and Utah
• Employee training with particular attention to safety procedures
• Manage staff to receive product/parts, coordinate inventory placement and shipping
• Allocate staff, and assist on an as-need-basis, with particular attention to expediting urgent orders and/or receipt of goods to meet customer expectations and to maintain required work flow
• Inventory management including, monitoring and scheduling incoming and outgoing shipments, maintaining warehouse layout for safe and appropriate storage of all goods and supplies, and overseeing physical inventory counts
• Responsible for physical inventory and accuracy of the inventory.
• Inventory tracking and shipment of products/parts to customers
• Oversee scheduling and requirements for over-the-road, air, and other methods for shipments. Able to use judgment to plan and determine best and most cost effective methods to meet customer delivery requirements
• Oversee customer order processing
• Manage and resolve day to day exceptions
• High School Education
• College a plus
• 3-5 years of related Operations warehouse management
• Word, Excel, ERP Experience
About The Company
This company is a leading Global Pump Manufacturer that has been in industry for over 30 years. They are a market leader in the rotating equipment industry.
Salt Lake City, Utah